Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Grandparents are special people

Grandmothers are special creatures with special powers.  I always thought that Mrs. Mattie Gardner was a super hero, because every time you needed her she was always there and she always seemed to know the problem before you told her.

My grandmother was a very special lady.  Mrs. Mattie was in church more than she was at home.  All I know is that for someone to be so into church she kept a home for my grandfather and he did not have to want for anything.  My grandfather was a very astounding man.  He was in the Military for years and that when him and Mrs. Mattie met and fell in love.  My grandfather took very good care of my grandmother.  They were the perfect couple to me.  Yes they had their disagreements but before they would go to bed they would make up.  They were determined that they were not going to go to bed angry.

Mrs. Mattie and Mr. Jeffrey, that was my grandfather's name, were very opposite.  Mrs. Mattie knew everyone in the church world and Mr. Jeffrey knew everyone in the street world, but for some reason it worked out very well for them.  All I knew was that one day I would follow in their footsteps.  I would marry my knight and shining armor and we would be married until death do us part just like my grandparents.

Here are your discussion questions.  Please feel free to post your comment or mark if you think the discussion is cool, interesting, or funny.  Your views are very important.  Thank you for your participation and constant support. 

Are you still interested in reading? Why?
Do you think grandparents are special? Why?
Is there anything that you would do differently? If so what?

No comments:

Post a Comment