Friday, June 10, 2011

Time for change

Kinni and I set up all the details and we headed for New York.  When we arrived at the publishing company I was so excited that I felt like I was dreaming and was going to pass out.  When we got in front of the publishers I was sweating bullets but they made me comfortable to where I could calm down and be myself.  They signed me for a three book contract for one year for five hundred thousand dollars just to get started.  I was excited to know that I was on my way.  We got back to the hotel and we made arrangements to move from Texas.

I was more than ready for the change but I couldn't stop thinking about Travon.  I hadn't spoken to him in a while and I wanted to know how he was doing.  the day that we arrived back in Texas, I was packing up my house to move and I ran across some pictures that Travon and I had taken.  This really started making me think about him.  I gave him a call to see how he was doing.  The first time the phone rang I started to hang up because I didn't think that he was going to answer but he did.  Being nervous to talk to him, I wasn't sure if he was going to want to talk to me but he did.  He was glad that I had called him and he told me that he would like to see me.  Not sure that I wanted to tell him that I was moving, I knew that I had to.  I told Travon that I had got my book deal and I was moving to Arizona.  Travon was happy that I was pursuing my dreams but at the same time he was sad that I was moving so far away.

Here are your discussion questions. Please feel free to post your comments. You can also check the box if you find this discussion to be interesting, cool, or funny. There is also a +1 box that you can select and let me know if you like it. Your views are very important to me and I want to know what you think. Thank you for your participation and constant support.

Are you still interested in reading? Why?
Do you think that Kenya should or shouldn't have called Travon? Explain
Is there anything that you would do differently? If so what?

No comments:

Post a Comment