Friday, January 14, 2011

What are dreams and why is it important for people to have them?

What is the true definition of dream?

a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep.
2.
the sleeping state in which this occurs.
3.
an object seen in a dream.
4.
an involuntary vision occurring to a person when awake.
5.
a vision voluntarily indulged in while awake; daydream; reverie.
6.
an aspiration; goal; aim: A trip to Europe is his dream.
7.
a wild or vain fancy.
8.
something of an unreal beauty, charm, or excellence.
 
This is the definition of dream.  How many of us can say that we honestly live out our dreams?  Not many.  Some would say that dreams don't come true and you are just living in a fantasy world.  Does this sound familiar?  Well don't worry you are not alone. 
 
For many years people told me that I was never going to be anything and that I wasn't going to mount up to anything and no one will want me.  Of course part of me wanted to believe them but the strength in me wanted to prove them wrong.  I had more negative people around me telling me what I cant do instead of positive people telling me what I can do.  I feel like I have been destined to tell the world or at least the people that feel like they have to give up and there is no hope for them;  I have to stand up and tell you right now that there is hope and you will make it even when you think that you can't.  Sometimes we just need to hear or read something inspirational for us to believe that we can make it and we can live out our dreams.
 
My passion is writing.  I always told myself that I wanted to write a book.  For a long time I didn't write my book but I kept a lot of journals along the way.  A good writer always keep a journal.  However the journals that I had would keep getting destroyed.  That's when I realized that I had talent and could write because if my personal thoughts could effect someone that much it has to be good.  After getting dozen of journals destroyed I thought to myself why keep a journal when I can put it in a book.  I still didn't pursue my dream and follow my heart because I had negative people around me telling me that I couldn't do it and that people wouldn't buy it, etc. etc.  I tried alot of different things in the mean time to see if it would be something that I would do but still nothing.  Out of everything that I have done and become qualified and certified at doing, my heart was not there.  In the back of my mind I still wanted to be a writer and I thought well let me tell some of the people in my circle to see if this is something that they would support me at.  People laughed at me and told me all kind of crazy things.  I could've stopped there and went and climb in a tree or bury myself but I was not going to do that.  At that moment there I realized that I could not live for anybody else but myself and I was determined to do what I loved to do and not let anyone stop me.  I wrote my book and didn't stop there.  I was nervous at first because you always wonder is it good enough?  Will the people buy it?  Will the people like it?  I have found out that it will go both ways.  Some will like it and some won't.  That's life.  The one thing that I found out is that if you promote you and you just stay true to you people will respond better than you think that they will.
 
It is important for people to have a dream because it gives you something to strive for.  Something to look forward to and to feel like you are accomplishing something positive in your life.  Why let life go by holding on to a maybe or I will do it eventually.  Get up and start living your dream right now.  Know that you are worthy of having whatever it is that you want out of life but it is just not going to knock on your door and present itself to you.  You have to work at it and work hard at getting to where you need to be for you not for anybody else.  At the end of the day the only decision that you have to live with is yours.  Why wait till tomorrow what you can do today?
 
I hope this has been inspirational to all of you because I wish that someone would have told me all the things that I know right now.  However I do want to thank my closest friends, and you know who you are so I will not call out any names, for always believing in me and giving me the support and the push to know that I can do anything and that this book will be successful.  Thank you for believing in me when I couldn't believe in myself.  Thank you to all my fans that have supported along this journey.  This has been a great journey for me and I am looking forward to being able to see your faces and talk to you in person soon.  You have made Livin the fast life successful.  Because of you there are five publishers interested in me.  That right there is living my dreams.  Although I don't have a publisher yet, I know that it is just a matter of time that I do.  I will continue to post everyday even if its just a simple hello.  I will continue to stay humble and always provide you with great stories and great post.  I will always keep this site personal.  Here we are family.
 
Thank you for sharing your time with me.  I hope that you got something out of this.  Now that you know how I feel this is your time to share what you feel.  I am listening and the doors are open. Lol.  I will be looking forward to reading all of the responses that you will make.  Until tomorrow may everyone have a blessed night.

No comments:

Post a Comment