Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tamari Campbell A Precious Gift

Words of a Poet



A Precious Gift
A Mother's Love for her Daughter!
by
Tamari Campbell


I remember the first time I held you in my hands
I thought I would drop you
You were so small and fragile I thought I would break you
All these thought in my mind going around and around
How could I ever care for you or love you?
How would I ever be the mother I want you to look up too?
So many have problems each day trying over and over again
But I was chosen to have you my beautiful little one
I learned many things while I held you close to me heart each night
How you would breathe to the sound of my heart beat
It was so amazing seeing I was child myself when I had you.
Being fourteen years old not knowing where to even begin.
I raise you the best I could, through all my trails and errors
And so much pain I put you through.
I hurt you so many times not knowing how to handle things the right way
I regret many things in my life
But I can say without a doubt I never regret having you
My beautiful daughter of mine!
Now you are all grown up with a family of your own,
About to take another big step in your life and getting married,
I am very proud of you and how you have become such an amazing mother,
How you learned from my mistake not to repeat them and be stronger,
I love you Yamilette my dear daughter
You have grown,
You have learned
You have cried
You have struggled
But always remember you will always have your mother.
I love you deeply my dear daughter.


Words of Inspiration from Tamari

My words of inspiration, come from many places, a survivor of many abuses, a young teenage mothers, never have thought i would be a Poet, just wrote for me. Someone saw something in me that I didn't see in myself, always remember to go after your dreams, remember to love yourself first, have the courage to say no and humility to say yes! Be kind and honest, always inspire to be amazing!


Here are your discussion questions. Please feel free to post your comments and ask this Tamari about her work and upcoming events.


What are your views on this piece?
Have you read any other poems by Tamari? If so what is your favorite?
How does this piece make you feel?
What would you like to ask Tamari?

No comments:

Post a Comment