Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Getting to know Carmella

Carmella and I grew up together. Our aunties were best friends and liked to smoke crack together, when they were supposed to be watching us. We learned to depend on each other like sisters.

Carmella was tall and very lanky. She didn't have a lot of confidence in herself because she was not very pretty but she had a heart of gold and very smart. Carmella could make you laugh when all you want to do is cry, but we were best friends.

When I called Carmella the first thing she said was, "hey gold digger, so have you taken all of his money yet?" she let out this crazy laugh. "Hey girl this is not the time to be making jokes, I really need to talk to you about something serious." "What's the matter with you girl?" she replied. "I need some advice about Jermaine." "What about Jermaine?" "well you know that we have been seeing each other for almost a year now and even though I haven't given him any of this sweet loving, he keeps asking me to move in with him. What do you think I should do?" Carmella was always honest with you even if you didn't want the truth. Now out of all the times, I really wanted her honest opinion. I couldn't afford to be making any crucial mistakes in my life at this time. "Do you love him?" she asked. "Or is it all about the money?" I paused for a minute, thinking very carefully about the answer that I was going to give her. "I care about him but it's more about the money girl, you know that." She laughed and said "girl you so crazy." We laughed and she told me to get what was mine and that's what I was planning on doing.

The next day I called Jermaine and told him ghat I had made my decision. When I told him that I was going to move in he was excited. I told him that I didn't know who he had shared his bed with before he started messing with me and I wasn't comfortable with that. "Let's go shopping baby and see if you can find the bedroom set that you want in the house." We went shopping and I found a bedroom and living room set that I wanted. We purchased the items and set the delivery date and left the store. Later that evening Jermaine told me that he had something special planned for us and he had bought me something special to put on so to go make myself look beautiful. He kissed me with his soft lips and ran his strong hands down my back. I ran upstairs to make me a bath but to my surprise when I got up there my bath was already ran and it had all colors of rose petals in it. The bubbles were of jasmine scent and everything was laid out so neatly just for me. He had razors and all kinds of body washes just waiting for me. I got undress and got in the tub. I soaked there for a long time, listening to the soft mellow music, and all the time I just kept thinking......hell with treatment like this I could fall in love with him and maybe he could be the one. Then reality slapped me in the face and told me to quit tripping.

Here are your questions for this discussion.

Are you still interested in finding out what is going on and why?
Do this explain about Carmella and also tell you about Jermaine?
Would you change anything or do anything different and why?

Thank you for your participation and your support. Please keep your comments coming.

2 comments:

  1. Nice intro to Carmella. Kinda gives you a lil more insite to the kinda people Kenya grew up around and a lil more insight to her upbringing. Yes it makes me want to read more. You giive just enough info on Jermaine to make you want to read more, just to find out where this thing with Kenya & Jermaine is leading to (sandra t)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandra for the insight. I love to see what you feel about the discussion. I am really glad that you are enjoying every bit of it and that's why I continue to post every chance I can. Thank you for your participation and your support. Keep your comments coming.

    ReplyDelete