Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Uncle Tommy and Cletis Ray

Having uncles in the pimp game taught me everything that I needed to know.  At an early age I was a madam and thought that I had it going on.  Nothing or no one could stop me from doing what I was doing.

I am a redbone with brown eyes, curves for days, a butt that you can sit your drink on and long sexy legs.  My uncles always said that I was the thick redbone of the family and to flaunt what God gave me.  I never thought of myself as drop dead gorgeous but everyone always seen something in me that I couldn't see in myself.  The day that my uncles took me to their little spot and I realized all of the money that I could make, I couldn't resist.  Every day after that was a party for me.

June 16th a nice and warm day, the day of June-teenth, the day we celebrate in the African American Culture.  Uncle Tommy and Cletis Ray decided that we were going to have a family get together. Cletis Ray said to me "sunshine call the girls and make sure that they are here and not working today."  I called all the girls and advised them that there was to be no working on this day, we were having a family meeting.

I got the name Sunshine because I was known with the best candy in the house.  I had to go through a lot of shit to earn my stripes but when it was all said and done, after going through all the bull for a year it was well worth all the respect that I was given.

Let me tell you about Cletis Ray and Uncle Tommy.  Cletis Ray was known as the notorious killer and everyone in town knew that he was not to be messed with.  Uncle Tommy was always known as the kind and generous one.  Uncle Tommy was always known as the kind and generous.  Uncle Tommy was my favorite uncle out of the six uncles on my mom's side.  Cletis Ray and Uncle Tommy was known as the dangerous duo, because you hardly ever seen one without the other.  They was always protecting each other, they said you never knew when someone would try to test you.  Although they were different in a lot of ways they had a lot in common.  They both were about their money and their family.  Most said they were the two hardest working pimps in the west.

Cletis Ray liked to say what he had to say and then answer any questions that you may have when he's finished talking.  You were not to interrupt him while he was talking and he must always make eye contact with you directly before you were allowed to speak to him.

Here is your questions for this discussion. Please give your honest answers.

Are you still interested?
Does this section make you want to keep reading and why?
Are the characters explained well?
Do you feel like you know who these characters are?
Which character can you most relate to and why?
If you could change anything what would it be and why?


Make sure you give your honest answers and I hope that you really enjoyed this section and wanting more.  Thank you for taking the time to read this and answer these few questions.

2 comments:

  1. yesI am still interested. This excerpt makes u want to keep reading because u want to know where the main character is going to go from this point. The explanation of the characters are great. You really get a feel for the uncles personalities....through their personalities and their line of work you know its gonna lead up to some kinda drama. The only thing that leaves you hanging is the fact that you wanna know more about the main character...why does she take to spending time with the uncles vs. Being around kids or other family members? Do the "girls" respect her. How do the uncles treat her.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous thank you for your post. I am glad that you are still interested in reading. Everyday there will be a new post and it will hopefully clear some of the questions that you have. I know its not the entire chapter but I want you to be able to get a feel of the book and want to find out all of the missing pieces. Keep your post coming because I know that you will love reading them. It will definitely get better.

    ReplyDelete