Saturday, September 25, 2010

Livin the fast life

This is the last introductory day before we get into the book.  I am honored to present you with this must read.  It is definitely a page turner and will keep your attention.  Today I want to tell you a little about the book before we get into the book.  Next week we will start on chapter 1.  Every day I will pull bits and pieces out of the chapter for us to discuss.  Please feel free to say what you feel regarding each section.

Livin the fast life is a true story, that some can relate to.  A year ago I decided to tell my story because I want to make the world aware of what goes on with our young women and men.  I feel like it is important to make people aware that we have to stand up and stop the abuse.  Whether mentally or physically.

This book is about a young girl, Named Kenya Gardner going through the struggles of everyday life.  Go on a journey with her as she goes through trauma in an abusive home.  After not being able to find love and comfort in her home she goes from one abusive relationship to the other.  As she travels through life she learns how to be in the prostitute and pimp game, how to sell drugs, how to gang bang, and how to get what she wants when she wants it.  But through it all she is still searching for the love and happiness that her heart is longing for.  Will Kenya ever find out what she is looking for?  Well I would answer that question but that is something that you will have to find out on your own.

Every week we will touch on each chapter.  Next week we will start chapter one.  If you have not read the full chapter you can visit me on facebook under livin the fast life and go to the discussion tab and read the complete first chapter.  I know that you will enjoy it and be ready for chapter two the following week.  I am going to take certain passages out of each chapter everyday and we will discuss it.  Please make sure you visit everyday and join in on the discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment