Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Don't mess with a man that can't take care of you

Mrs. Mattie is the one who told me if he can't provide for you he's not the one for you, and I lived by that all my life.  I listened to Mrs. Mattie and took all the wisdom that she had.  I was not going to live my life like Elenor.  I was determined that I was going to do better than she had and I did just that.

Mrs. Mattie always told me that I could do anything that I set my mind to.  Although Mrs. Mattie knew that I was going in the wrong direction she always said I was the one that she never worried about because she knew that out of all of her grandchildren, I was the strongest one and I would be the one to find my way.  At the time I never really knew what she meant by that but now I do.

I knew that if no one believed in me she always did and although I was doing my dirt, I never asked anyone for anything.  I was taking care of myself and I wasn't out there having a bunch of babies by a bunch of different men.

Here are your discussion questions.  Please feel free to post your comments or mark if you think this discussion if funny, interesting or cool.  Your views are very important.  Thank you for your participation and constant support.

Are you still interested in reading? Why?
Is it wrong to only mess with men/women that can take care of you? Why?
Is there anything that you would do differently? If so what?

No comments:

Post a Comment