Monday, July 28, 2014

The Writing Process of an Self Published Author

I was invited to participate in the blog hop by Cathy Jo G.  You can find her on Facebook and check out her writing techniques on her websites.  She is also the author of No More Expectations and
Transitions: short stories for a rainy day, which you can find on Amazon.com.  Thank you Cathy for thinking about me, and allowing me to participate in this great opportunity.  I might be late, but it's better late then never.  This is how this works.  I am to answer four pre-chosen questions and tag other authors on Facebook, to participate in this great opportunity.  The authors I have chosen to tag will definitely blow your socks off.  They are taking this business by storm.  Before I introduce them to you, first allow me to tell you about myself.

1. What are you working on?
           

For the last two years, I have been working on The UnMarritable, and revising Livin' the Fast Life.  The UnMarritable is the second part of the Fast Life Chronicles series.  In Livin' the Fast Life, you found out about who Kenya is, and the trials and tribulations she had to go through.  In The UnMarritable, you will find out who Kenya has become, and if she ever found that true love she was looking for.  The UnMarritable is more of a romance, with real life twists.  Every book is not what it seems, and every man is not who he seems to be.  This book definitely has a lot of twists and turns that you never saw coming, but will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat.  Not only am I working on my own projects, but I am also getting my business off the ground.  Here at Fast Life Management we show new authors how to become self published authors.  I am working with some great authors right now, who also have great stories to tell which are coming to you very soon.  You will see me posting and sharing with you their stories.

2. How does your writing differ from others in it's genre?

I feel as if my writing is different because I am different.  No two writers are the same.  I don't write in a certain genre; because I don't know what my heart will feel like writing.  I write what's on my heart, and whatever is on my heart will tell the pen what to write, or my fingers what to type.  However, being an author consultant allows me to go into different genres and learn different styles of writing, and that within itself is a challenge.

3. Why do you write what you do?

The stories I write are about life.  If my story can help one person, I know that I have done what God has put me on this earth to do.  I want to give my readers hope, love, and encouragement.  I want them to know that no matter what life throws at you; you have the choice to get through it or lay down and take it.  However, I want them to know they have the strength to make it through anything.  Life is not easy, but it is what we make of it.

4. How does your writing process work?

First, I pray and ask God to allow my heart to speak to me.  Once I finish my prayer, I set up my area.  I always find the best place in my house, to concentrate on nothing but writing.  Once I have everything I need, I get to work, and start creating my masterpiece.  Every now and then, I have to take a break, to get my thinking cap back on straight. As soon as I have cleared the smoke from my mind, I finish my masterpiece, and thank God for giving me the strength, the courage, and dedication to finish.

Now that you know what makes me the author I am today, allow me to introduce you to some other great authors.

First up is Treasure Blue.  He is the mad genius of Harlem Girl Lost: A Novel
Fly Betty (Harlem Girl Lost Novels), and The Circle: Rain's Story just to name a few; which is also available on Amazon.com.

My second person I tagged is Nika Michelle.  She is a bad, bad, lady when it comes to erotica.  She is the author of the Forbidden Fruit series, which you can also find on Amazon.com. Forbidden Fruit.  If you haven't read any of her other books, make sure you give them a try. I promise you won't be disappointed. 

Thank you for allowing me to tell you, what makes me the author I am today.  Blessings to each and everyone of you, and make sure you go support your independent authors.

     


No comments:

Post a Comment